Sunday, May 20, 2012

MORE than a High Tea

This weekend my gorgeous girl, Georgina and I went for a weekend away.  It included scrapping, a workshop, shopping and a High Tea.

OMG!!  What an awesome time we had.  I will start with a post about our High Tea yesterday.  We went to Ducks In The Field at Duckenfield which is near the beautiful Morpeth, NSW.  And I have to say, it was SO MUCH MORE  than a normal High Tea.

This was delicious and paced and delectable and so so good!

Can you tell how much we LOVED it?  We met the gorgeous Ellen who is a chef and runs this High Tea in her gorgeous home in Duckenfield.  What a location?

Beautiful gardens in the country.  But the show stopper was the food.

Numerous small delicacies came out one by one and we oohed and aahhed over them all.  We started with beautiful savouries like Cos cups with prawn ceasar salad, crostini with caramelised onion and brie.  Followed by a peach soup with lemon/lime sorbet to cleanse our palate (pictured above - which was DIVINE by the way).

Then we had the sweets.....................which were TO DIE FOR!!!  Passionfruit pannacotta (pictured above) and a traditional High Tea plate to finish off with caramel mudcakes, lemon meringue pies and tarts.

All finished off with a pot of tea.  Sigh!!

It would have to be the best High Tea experience I have ever had.  It was certainly more than your traditional High Tea and I cannot wait to go back again.  Her menu gets changed up all the time so I would be experiencing something new each time, so I think I should go back!!  If you would like to go you can ring Ellen on (02) 4930 5822 to book.  Open 7 days, morning or afternoon - you choose.

It has also given me a little idea for my home craft business
............for preliminary details click on the CLASSES tab above!!  So Fun!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW Alex, your high tea with Georgina looks just fab-u-lous! I will have to look them up and try it out for myself - even a phone number provided - did I say WOW already?

    Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. I am happy to be creating again. It was like I wasn't myself when I wasn't creating something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard so much about this place and will be definitely paying a visit!! Are you open through the week also, thinking about next week sometime.

    ReplyDelete