Monday, February 2, 2009

Take up the Challenge

I have always wanted to try out sketch challenges and colour challenges that people put up on their blogs but never seem to get around to it.  I did do a couple of Kristina Werners and had fun doing them.  But NEVER have I been sooo inspired as I am with the challenge on my favourite blog - Lilybean's Paperie.  Melissa Phillips is giving away the most GORGEOUS bag and asking for you to post cards inspired by the bag.  Honestly, it is taking me far longer to get this on my blog than it took to create it.  Immediate inspiration!  Here is the bag from Jillie Willie:

And here is my full card:
Really, really bright I know.  But I like it.  The pattern and colours of the bag just seem to work really well.

Thanks for stopping by, don't be shy and leave a comment if you like (I'd love to come and visit your blog!).
Bye
Alex


8 comments:

  1. This is really cute, Alex! It looks just like the bag!! I love Melissa's blog, too, maybe I'll give the challenge a shot, but I don't think it could be better than this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE this card...it makes me smile and I find so much inspiration in it! Wonderful job...so happy you're playing along!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this looks just like the bag! Very cute - nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so great! It is totally "the bag". Great job.
    Jolene

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous!! I love what a literal take you took on the bag...it translates to a card perfectly! Good luck in Melissa's contest!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete